Friday, September 10, 2010

Machete

I saw Machete last night. It was everything I dreamed it would be. I had been waiting to see this movie since the "feux" preview for it in the Rodriguez/Tarentino Double Feature, "Grindhouse".

Danny Trejo is a beast. A sexy, Mexican Beast. Not to mention the amazing cast of Steven Segal, Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriquez, and Cheech Marin.
Not mention, I've gained a lot more respect for Lindsey Lohan, who made an appearance in the film as well. I can't explain why without spoiling anything. Just know that she's sort of segued out of her former "Mean Girls" role....

The B-movie aspect of the film was genius. There's a scene that I think was built around the idea of having Machete jump out a window, holding a guys lower intestine as a rope. It's brutal. And amazing.

Love gore? Love boobs? Love guns? This movie is for you. Not to mention its awesome avocation for illegal immigrants to be treated better. It makes you think, briefly. If you can think long enough to not be distracted by some sweet action and hot chicks. The sheer hilarity of the movie can me found in some of the outrageous scenes of violence, something obviously done on purpose to appeal to the b-movie aspect.

You even get a tie to the original trailer at the end of the film :)

I've heard rumors that their making the other fake preview from Grindhouse, "Thanksgiving". If that's true, SIGN ME UP.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment