Friday, February 4, 2011

Being John Malkovitch and The Business of Being Born

I recently watched, "Being John Malkovitch", a movie I've been wanting to see for a while. The whole basis of the movie is that a married, loser named "Craig Schwartz" finds a portal in his office that leads to John Malkovitch's brain. For 15 mintues, you can be John Malkovitch, and then you're spit out onto the Jersey Turnpike. Craig and a woman he adors, Maxine, charge poor saps $200 a trip to be John Malkovitch.

It was awesome. Trippy...but awesome. 5 stars in my book. But then again, I love Charile Kaufman. He's a great writer.

I also watched a documentary called, "The Business of Being Born", which disucussed the history of midwivery and how it's better to have home births than hospitalized. It was very interesting, pretty unbiased. I enjoyed it. It was ironic though, due to the director getting pregnant, and then ending up having a hospitalized birth....

I'm at work, so I'll post more later.
Perhaps I'll watch something else tonight and blog.
Until then...
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment